IJIS Institute Committees
The IJIS Institute has formed committees to help carry out its work.
Standing committees are responsible for the continuing design and development of policies and for specific functions related to the operations of the IJIS Institute.
Current standing committees are:
- Funding Development
Administrative committees are chartered by the IJIS Institute Board of Directors to support corporate initiatives of the Institute.
Although both members and associates may serve on administrative committees, only member companies are eligible to chair these committees. The Chair of each committee is appointed by the Chairman of the Board of Directors, and each chair appoints the committee members.
Current administrative committees are:
- Intergovernmental Relations
- IJIS Institute Advisory Council (IIAC)
- Long Range Planning Committee
- Chairman's Committee
Advisory committees are chartered by the IJIS Institute Board of Directors to provide input and recommendations to the Institute and to other organizations on specific topical areas not related to a single project or task.
Although both members and associates may serve on advisory committees, only member companies are eligible to chair these committees. The Chair of each committee is appointed by the Chairman of the Board of Directors, and each chair appoints the committee members.
Current advisory committees are:
- Emerging Technology Advisory Committee
- IJIS Public Safety Technical Standards Committee (IPSTSC)
- CJIS Programs Advisory Committee
- IJIS Technical Advisory Committee (I-TAC)
- Information Privacy Advisory Committee
- Information Security Advisory Committee
- Corrections Advisory Committee
- Information Sharing Architecture Committee (ISAC)
- Courts Advisory Committee
- Industry Representative Operations Committee (IROC)
Specific grant and contract work is overseen by project committees that are formed to create expert guidance on the approach, report content, and otherwise contribute to the work product for the project. Member companies and associates, as well as representatives of state and local government agencies, are invited to serve on project committees particularly to provide input where domain expertise is required.
Current project committees include:
For information about any of the IJIS Institute committees, please contact us.