The IJIS Institute welcomes as its Associates active employees of non-profits, government agencies or institutions of higher learning who are engaged in the justice, public safety, or homeland security missions. As an Associate of the IJIS Institute, you will have the opportunity to participate in helping facilitate mission-critical information sharing adoption. Associates will join with leaders and innovators in the information technology industry who are interested in promoting more effective information sharing while participating in national efforts to improve the quality of information technology for justice, public safety, and homeland security.
Associates pay dues* and are eligible to participate in all committees. You may also be invited to provide professional practitioner expertise on IJIS Institute Technology Assistance (TA) and training engagements. The continued annual financial support of our Associates will help the Institute continue its work, and, as an Associate, you are an "active participant" in improving national information sharing.
* Associate status is free until July 1, 2013, at which time the annual fee will be $95.
Qualifications for Joining as an Associate
- Associate applicants must certify that they are not a full-time or part-time contractor or employee of a for-profit company.
- Associates retiring from the government, non-profit or institutions of higher education are not eligible to continue their Associate status at retirement.
- Should the Associate retire from the government, non-profit or institutions of higher education during the year for which a membership fee has been paid, there shall be no refund of those dues and their Associate status shall expire at the end of the retirement year.
- Associate privileges apply only to the individual identified in the Associate application and may not be transferred.
- Eligibility for Associate class is subject to verification and approval by the IJIS Institute.