As a nonprofit consortium of information technology firms in the justice, public safety, and homeland security sectors, the IJIS Institute is uniquely qualified to provide and appoint industry experts to panels, committees, work groups, task forces, and other issue-based initiatives of national significance. IJIS Institute National Scope industry advisors act as the eyes, ears, and voice of private industry.
How the IJIS Institute Can Help
IJIS Institute industry experts can:
- Provide expert industry advice and services in a company-neutral setting facilitated by the IJIS Institute.
- Assist with policy and strategy development by offering the "voice of industry" and explaining relevant technology trends.
- Offer advice on the best methods for engaging industry to realize a particular goal by serving as liaison between national scope initiatives and the IJIS Institute membership.
- Make presentations and speakers available in support of conferences, forums, exhibitions, workshops, meetings, briefings, and other events.
Committee Participation Supporting National Initiatives
IJIS Institute industry experts volunteer support to
- Corrections Advisory Committee
- Courts Advisory Committee
- CPAC Committee
- Emerging Technology Advisory Committee
- IJIS Public Safety Technical Standards Committee (IPSTSC)
- IJIS Technical Advisory Committee (I-TAC)
- Information Sharing Architecture Committee (ISAC)
- Privacy Advisory Committee
- Security Advisory Committee