The IJIS Institute welcomes as its Associates active employees of nonprofits, government agencies, or institutions of higher learning who are engaged in the justice, public safety, or homeland security missions. As an Associate of the IJIS Institute, you will have the opportunity to participate in helping facilitate mission-critical information sharing and standards adoption. Associates join with leaders and innovators from the IT industry to further national efforts to improve the quality of information technology for justice, public safety, and homeland security. Associates are eligible to participate in all committees. You may also be eligible to provide professional practitioner expertise on IJIS Institute technology assistance and training engagements.
To join the IJIS Institute as an Associate you must be an active employee of a nonprofit organization, a government agency, or an academic institution, and you can not be a full-time or part-time contractor or employee of a for-profit company (subject to verification). There is no charge to be an Associate, so join today!
IJIS Institute Associate Benefits
- Discounts on registration for our premier information sharing events, like the IJIS Institute National Symposium or the Mid-year Briefing, where you will learn the latest in technology advances in a neutral no-sales environment.
- Networking opportunities with colleagues and representatives from government, industry, and academia to create and develop critical relationships and collaborations.
- Access to other Associates' and industry experts' knowledge of national scope issues and best practices in multiple operational and technology domains.
- News and updates on major information sharing programs, standards, and technology.
- Opportunities to participate on project and/or advisory committees, where you will work face-to-face with industry and other information technology experts on initiatives that will drive implementation and adoption of national standards.
Join today as an Associate!
The fine print on the Associate program at the IJIS Institute:
- Associates retiring from the government, nonprofit, or institutions of higher education are not eligible to continue their Associate status at retirement. In this case, Associate status will expire at the end of the retirement year.
- Associate privileges apply only to the individual identified in the Associate application and may not be transferred.
- Associates are not eligible to serve on the IJIS Institute Board of Directors and Associates are not eligible to vote in IJIS Institute elections for the Board of Directors.
- Eligibility for Associate status is subject to verification and approval by the IJIS Institute.
Ready? Join IJIS Institute as an Associate!