Posted By Ashwini Jarral,
Thursday, August 23, 2018
| Comments (0)
The IJIS Institute is forging a new path forward following our successful 2018 Mid-year Briefing event in Denver, Colorado, earlier this month where the new strategic plan was released and our new 2018-2019 board of directors held their first meeting. IJIS also refined its mission statement and organizational descriptions to better capture the organization’s focus, capabilities, and direction.
The IJIS Institute’s mission is to drive public sector technology innovation and empower information sharing to promote safer and healthier communities. The newly-released strategic plan has this mission at its heart, and lays out four main goals for the Institute: funding, membership, identity, and landscape. More about the strategic plan can be found at https://www.ijis.org/page/StrategicPlan.
The Mid-year Briefing was also the first meeting of the 2018-2019 IJIS Institute Board of Directors:
- Chairperson: Michael Wagers, Vice President, Axon
- Vice-Chair: James (Benji) Hutchinson, Sr. Director of DC Operations, NEC Corporation
- Treasurer: Tanya Stauffer, Practice Director, Analysts International
- Secretary: James E. Cabral, Partner, MTG Management Consultants LLC
- Director At-Large: Tom Herzog, President, The Herzog Group
- Kirk Arthur, Managing Director, Microsoft
- Ben Harrell, Director of Sales & Marketing, Marquis Software, Inc.
- William Josko, Public Safety Practice Leader and Associate Partner, IBM Global Services
- Roger Mann, CEO, GlobalFlyte, Inc.
- Michael McDonald, Business Development Manager - Law Enforcement, Intellicheck, Inc.
- Kay Stephenson, CEO, DataMaxx Group Inc.
- David Taylor, Vice President, Software AG
- Bob Turner, President, Commsys
- Dan Twohig, MSSSI VP of Sales, Motorola Solutions
If you missed the Mid-year Briefing, we already have the makings for another great agenda that will be coming up at the National Symposium, January 23-24, at the Hyatt Regency Tysons Corner Center. This is a great facility in a great location and it will be a fantastic educational and networking event. Watch for more information in the coming weeks. We are looking for additional presentations for the event...if you are interested, let us know at https://www.ijis.org/page/callforpresentations.
This post has not been tagged.