IT industry leaders will provide strategic guidance and governance of the IJIS Institute
Ashburn, VA, Aug. 29, 2019 —The IJIS Institute - a nonprofit alliance working to promote and enable technology in the public sector and expand the use of information to maximize safety, efficiency, and productivity across several major public-sector domains, including: Criminal Justice, Public Safety, Homeland Security, Health and Human Services and Transportation - announces the results of its Board of Directors election.
The annual Board of Directors election resulted in the following individuals being elected to a three-year term:
- James (Benji) Hutchinson, Vice President, Federal Operations, NEC Corporation
- Tanya Stauffer, Practice Director, Analysts International
- Dan Twohig, Vice President of Software Enterprise Sales, Motorola Solutions, Inc.
- Melissa Winesburg, Law Enforcement Director, Optimum Technology
Other members continuing their terms on the Board are:
- David Taylor, Vice President, Software AG
- Bill Josko, WW AI & Cognitive Infrastructure Client Success Leader, IBM Global
- Ben Harrell, Director, Marquis Software Development, Inc.
- Roger Mann, CEO, GlobalFlyte, Inc.
- James E. Cabral, Partner & CIO, MTG Management Solutions
- Tom Herzog, President & CEO, Tom Herzog Consulting
Benji Hutchinson, the newly elected Board of Directors’ chairman, stated “I’m honored and enthusiastic to be the incoming Chair of the IJIS Board of Directors and serving with the other Directors. IJIS plays a mission-critical role in coordinating technology investments across the public sector and industry stakeholders. Increasingly, advanced technologies such as AI and biometrics are critical to many public sector missions, including counter terrorism, crime reduction, enhancement of public safety, minimizing the impact of disasters, and public health.”
The new Board of Directors elected its executive leadership during its first meeting, with Benji Hutchinson as chairman, Dan Twohig as vice chairman, Melissa Winesburg as secretary, Roger Mann as treasurer, and Ben Harrell as the director-at-large.
Ashwini Jarral, Executive Director of the IJIS Institute, said “we are excited about the selection of the IJIS Board of Directors and especially those newly appointed members to our Board. I’m also thrilled to about the appointment of the of the new IJIS Executive Committee. We look forward to their support in helping us achieve our strategic goals in the coming year!”.