IJIS Institute Elects 2020-2021 Board of Directors
Wednesday, September 9, 2020
Posted by: Alex McAdoo
IT industry leaders will provide strategic guidance and governance of the IJIS Institute
Ashburn, VA, September 2020 - The IJIS Institute - a nonprofit alliance working to promote and enable technology in the public sector and expand the use of information to maximize safety, efficiency, and productivity across several major public-sector domains, including: Criminal Justice, Public Safety, Health and Human Services, and Transportation - announces the results of its recent Board of Directors election.
The annual Board of Directors elections resulted in the following individuals being elected for a three-year term:
- Stephen L. Morris, FBI CJIS Division Assistant Director (Retired); and current IBM Associate Partner, Gloal Business Services (GBS)
- Melissa Winesburg, Law Enforcement Director, Optimum Technology (2nd Term)
Other members continuing their terms on the Board include the following:
- Dan Twohig, Vice President NG9-1-1 Call Routing / NGCS, Motorola Solutions
- Roger Mann, CEO, GlobalFlyte, Inc.
- Jim Cabral, Partner & CIO, MTG Management Consultants
- Tanya Stauffer, Practice Director, Analysts International
- Ben Harrell, Director, Marquis Software
- Benji Hutchinson, Vice President of Federal Operations, NEC Corp. of America
Dan Twohig, Vice President NG9-1-1- Call Routing / NGCS at Motorola Solutions, and the newly elected Board of DIrectors Chair, stated "I'm honored and enthusiastic to be the incoming Chair of the IJIS Board of Directors and serving with the other Directors. IJIS plays a mission-critical role in coordinating technology innovations across the public sector and industry stakeholders. Increasingly, advanced technologies are critical to so many public sector missions including public health, public safety, and responding to national disasters. IJIS stands ready to respond to the challenges that face our communities."
The new Board of Directors appointed its executive leadership during its first meeting after the virtual Mid-Year Briefing and Member Forum, with Dan Twohig as Chairman, Roger Mann as Vice-Chairman, Melissa Winesburg as Treasurer, Tanya Stauffer as Secretary, and Jim Cabral as Director-at-Large.
The IJIS Institute's Executive Director, Maria M. Cardiellos, said "We are excited about the selection of the IJIS Board of Directors and those newly appointed members to our Board. We look forward to their support in helping us achieve our strategic goals in the upcoming year, and collectively responding to the mission needs of our constituency!"