The IJIS Institute welcomes as its Associates active employees of government agencies, nonprofits, or institutions of higher learning who are engaged in advancing public-sector technology and information sharing in IJIS areas of focus.
IJIS Institute Associate Benefits
- Have a front-row seat for innovations in technology and information sharing that are happening in the private sector and opportunities to collaborate with these organizations on how to implement technology and empower information within their communities or stakeholder groups.
- Have access to the broad range of knowledge on national scope issues and best practices in multiple operational and technology domains in IJIS Institute focus areas.
- Join with leaders and innovators from the technology industry to further national efforts to improve the quality of information technology for justice, public safety, homeland security, health and human services, transportation, and other public-service sectors.
- Learn about, and forge new paths for, technology and information sharing in the public sector through participation in IJIS advisory committees, working groups, task forces, and project teams.
- Help facilitate mission-critical information sharing and standards adoption.
- Networking opportunities with colleagues and representatives from government, industry, and academia to create and develop critical relationships and collaborations.
As an Associate of the IJIS Institute, you are eligible to participate in advisory committees and task forces where space is available. You may also be eligible to provide professional practitioner expertise on IJIS Institute technology assistance and training engagements.
To join the IJIS Institute as an Associate you must be an active employee of a nonprofit organization, a government agency, or an academic institution, and you can not be a full-time or part-time contractor or employee of a for-profit company (subject to verification - Associate members must join with an email address associated with their eligible organization). So JOIN TODAY -- It's FREE!
The fine print on the Associate program at the IJIS Institute:
- Associates retiring from the government, nonprofit, or institutions of higher education are not eligible to continue their Associate status at retirement. In this case, Associate status will expire at the end of the retirement year.
- Associate privileges apply only to the individual identified in the Associate application and may not be transferred.
- Associates are not eligible to serve on the IJIS Institute Board of Directors and Associates are not eligible to vote in IJIS Institute elections for the Board of Directors.
- Eligibility for Associate status is subject to verification and approval by the IJIS Institute.