The IJIS Institute's Mid-year Briefing is a must-attend conference focused on technology and information sharing and safeguarding standards.
Our last event was the held August 15-16, 2018, at the Renaissance Denver Stapleton Hotel in Denver, Colorado. The Mid-year Briefing connected technology executives and leaders from industry and government at and engaged participants in constructive dialogues about technology trends, issues, and solutions. The event offered attendees the ability to collaboratively explore various perspectives on the challenges of, and future for, technology and information sharing and safeguarding.
Keynote speakers for the 2018 Mid-year Briefing included:
- Cynthia Coffman, Colorado Attorney General
- Paul Steinberg, Motorola's CTO
- Garry Briese, Executive Director of the CO Fire Chiefs Association
- Joe Thome, Deputy Director of the Colorado Division of Criminal Justice
Session topics for the 2018 Mid-year Briefing included:
- Using Data to Combat the Growing Opioid Crisis
- Using Secure Data Environments to Improve School Safety
- Broadband for Public Safety: FirstNet and NIST’s Public Safety Communications Research
- Challenges with Non-Law Enforcement Background Checks
- Fusion Center Support to Public and Private Partners
- Demystifying the Blockchain
- Improving Outcomes with Colorado’s Justice-to-Health Exchange
- Corrections Technology in the Future...Where are We Heading?
- Understanding N-DEx and NIBRS
- The Impact of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- The Colorado Criminal eDiscovery System
See the detailed agenda here and read more about the keynote and session speakers.
Why attend Mid-year Briefings?
- Educational programs on information sharing and safeguarding practices, technology, and standards and national programs that are turning standards into information sharing success.
- Gain insight and knowledge about current and future markets.
- Engage in active dialog with colleagues and IJIS Institute partners on the challenges facing law enforcement, justice, and public safety leaders in the acquisition and secure use of information technology.
Who should attend? Executives, key decision makers, and software developers from the private sector and federal, state, and local information technology communities who are interested in information sharing.
Get your company's name in front more ttoday's industry and government technology leaders at IJIS Institute events! See the sponsorship opportunities here.
Attendee demographics: The audience has in the past been composed of 27% government, 67% industry, and 6% nonprofits focused on justice, public safety, intelligence, and homeland security. Attendees are executives, key decision makers, and senior software developers from government and industry information technology communities who are interested in information sharing.
Titles of Attendees: President/ CEO, Vice President, VP of Innovation, Senior Software Engineer, Circuit Judge, Executive Director, State CIO, CTO, Assistant Director/CIO, General Manager, Chief Scientist-Intelligence, Managing Principle, Sr. Policy Advisor, Sr. Security Architect, Special Agent in Charge, and many more.
To inquire about sponsorship's, visit the sponsorship opportunities page and complete the form, contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or call Pam Thomas at 703.726.8553.
Refund Policy for IJIS Events:
Cancellations must be sent in writing to email@example.com.
Cancellations received 30 days or more before the opening of an event, will be issued a refund less a $50 cancellation fee.
Cancellations received less than 30 days before the opening of an event, are not entitled to a refund.