At the IJIS Institute's 2018 Mid-year Briefing, we unveiled our 2018 Strategic Plan. The Strategic Plan, developed through collaborative discussions and feedback from our Board of Directors, Members, partners, stakeholders, and staff, will guide the actions and activities of IJIS in the near term with a focus on our mission to drive public sector technology innovation and empower information to promote safer and healthier communities.
Goals and Strategies
IMPROVE THE OVERALL AWARENESS OF THE IJIS INSTITUTE'S MISSION, PURPOSE, AND BRAND IN THE COMMUNITIES THAT MATTER TO US
- Reinvest in communication and outreach efforts so they are reflective of today’s environment, our brand and demonstrate our value to new and existing members and stakeholders.
- Expand our marketing efforts to inform more audiences and in more diverse ways.
- Re-evaluate the IJIS brand to determine relevancy and purpose.
IDENTIFY THE EXTERNAL FACTORS THAT INFLUENCE OUR BUSINESS AND THE BUSINESS OF OUR MEMBERS AND INCORPORATE THOSE FINDINGS INTO OUR PROCESSES
- Conduct an external environmental scan to include key benchmarks for success.
- Conduct an internal environmental scan to evaluate key organizational factors to support growth.
- Evaluate key funding sources/initiatives.
- Explore new frontiers for IJIS to raise its flag and make a difference to that mission space.
INCREASE THE VALUE TO OUR MEMBERSHIP THROUGH ENGAGEMENT AND AN ENHANCED EXPERIENCE
- Engage our current members and stakeholders to assess our real and perceived value and evaluate current and newly designed experiences.
- Expand our thought leadership and approach to service.
- Re-evaluate our governance model to ensure it is relevant, representative of our landscape, and useful to the future of our organization.
- Conduct an environmental scan focused on additional sectors to better understand how to improve our presence in key areas.
ENSURE OUR FINANCIAL VIABILITY
- Create fund-generating models based out of education and training.
- Expand our funding opportunities by strategically aligning with key partners.
- Continue to explore new funding streams as additions to our model, including advertising, grants, advisory services, and new engagements.
Have ideas to help us? Let us know at email@example.com